Best Kidney Stone Doctor in Delhi/NCR
Delhi | Gurgaon | Rewari | Sonipat | Panipat
What are Kidney Stones?
Kidney stones or Renal calculi are small stone-like structures forming in the kidney and the urinary tract. These are small, hard, crystallized structures of minerals comprising the kidney and urinary tract and can cause massive pain and eventually kidney failure. Each year more and more people are diagnosed with kidney stones, and nearly one out of ten people will get kidney stones at some point in their lifetime. There are different kinds of kidney stones, and their size, shape, and color distinguish them.
What causes stones to form in the kidneys?
One of the main reasons for the formation of kidney stones is the insufficient intake of fluid in the body. As water helps the body to hydrate, preventing the formation and build-ups of minerals and waste elements in the urinary tract. Various types of concentrated minerals such as salt, calcium, oxalate, uric acid, and phosphate are found in urine. Thus, when there is less fluid in the body to wash these minerals from the kidney, these minerals get attached to the kidney and form stones.
Symptoms of kidney stones
Kidney stones are generally associated with severe pain near the abdomen area. This pain is known as Renal colic and is described as a sharp, unilateral pain radiating near the abdomen.
Some significant symptoms of kidney stones are-
● Pain and burning sensation while urination
● Blood in urine
● Frequent urination
● Cloudy, discolored, and odorous urine
● Severe pain accompanied by nausea, fever, chills, and vomiting
How to prevent kidney stones from forming?
As we all know, prevention is always better than cure. Thus to be safe, we should all try to prevent kidney stones from happening in the first place. There are several methods to prevent kidney stones formation, they are-
● Intake of fluids: This is the most common and easier way to prevent kidney stones from happening. Information of a sufficient amount of water (around 8-10 cups a day) can keep the body hydrated and contain minerals in the kidney to form stones.
● Having a healthy diet: A diet comprising of excess amount of protein can cause the increase of uric acid in the kidney, which can trigger the formation of stones. Make a diet with a variety of nutrient-rich food such as fruits and vegetables.
● Regulate the amount of sodium intake: Another reason for stones to form in the kidney is calcium. Sodium contains salts, and an excess amount of sodium in the body can cause kidney stones to form.
The human kidney is one of the most highly vital organs in our body responsible for the body urinary system. Kidney stones can be detrimental and should be prevented from forming at any cost.
Our Locations: Delhi | Gurgaon | Rewari | Sonipat | Panipat